Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thank you!


Me and an Uruk Hai at Weta Workshop, Welllington. NZ. Thumbs up.
 I haven't posted much lately and the reason is simple. I haven't done much painting (any at all really) and not much gaming as well. The reason is I have been processing some heavy end of life stuff with some bad news about a much loved family member. It's a shock when we get bad news about a death in the family for sure but this is possibly the first time I have had pre-death news. A Brain Tumour that has picked up speed. It really does suck. It is hard as well with family spread over 2 States and a Territory and even lots of Family in another country (NZ).
However I have enjoyed moments of distraction and escape from this gloom by returning to my blog dashboard to look at new posts by fellow bloggers. It's great to spend some time each day to have a quick look around at your blogs and see what gamers have been up to. Even if it is games I don't play that you blog about it is all good reading. These games we play more than just provide us with a way to escape harsh reality's they enhance our life with fun and laughter (and sometimes frustration) and lead to new friendships. They can stimulate our grey matter and make us think about history or fantastic alternative worlds. I don't always leave a comment. Is it me or has the verification scramble now added number images that are not always easy to read?

So thanks to you bloggers like The Man Cave for all the regular and random posts (but usually Blood Bowl). Big Lee's blog for all the pics of amazing museums and gaming events you get to in the UK. Crac des Chevaliers for sharing pics of your amazing painted tanks. A different style to my painting but I really like it. Rebel Barracks always does quality work. Game reports like this one in Throck of War just make me want to play more games. Of course WWPD always has quality FOW posts. I dig Models Dads blog as well.
I could go on and on with the many blogs I follow and I typically add another one every week or so. It just keeps growing. Thank you as well to all those that have made the choice to be a follower on my blog. I hope I can keep it interesting and entertaining for you.

Cheers for now from Brendon (The Kiwi)

8 comments:

  1. Hey man, thanks for the cross post! Loved reading you and my thoughts go out to you and your family. Especially to who ever was attacked by that Uruk... Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your your problems, it's never easy but if the blogs help more power to them

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of the tough time you're going through. Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your bad news, chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very welcome! Glad you are finding some solace at a difficult time, and that our random adventures are helping out in some small way.

    cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Brendon, I totally missed seeing this post. My father-in-law had a Brain Tumour so I have a bit of an idea of what you might be going through. Hang in there and take care mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rodger. Much appreciated.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete